Leads development of strategies, protocols and tools to advance clinical performance within Workforce Health and Safety. Serves as an employee/occupational health subject matter expert providing counsel as needed to divisions and facilities. Leads Advisory Board activities. Assures appropriate alignment of strategy, improvement, growth, compliance, and technology advances within Workforce Health & Safety.
1. Develops short term strategies for the Workforce Health and Safety program that contribute to the longer term objectives of the Clinical Operations Group.
2. Designs implementation strategies in collaboration with corporate, division, and facility leaders.
3. Applies performance improvement principles to work products.
4. Routinely monitors performance, improvement, and outcomes of care for clinical program or service
5. Maintains current knowledge of emerging clinical technologies within area of expertise
6. Leads Workforce Health and Safety Advisory Board activities.
7. Provide input into the development of clinical and operational protocols and policies to be utilized by employee health personnel (securing medical approval as appropriate)
8. Directs workgroups at the corporate, division, and facility level.
9. Assures alignment and involvement of key stakeholders from corporate departments, divisions, and facilities in activities.
10. Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years’ experience as a clinician. Previous director experience required.
EDUCATION: Master’s degree required.
RN or other clinical license
COHN-S or other relevant occupational health credential preferred
Previous experience with clinical change or performance improvement initiatives required.
Position to Which Immediate Supervisor Reports: Vice President
Immediate Supervisor: Vice President
Other Positions Reporting to Immediate Supervisor: Assistant Vice President, Director
Positions Reporting to This Position; TBD
Able to stand and sit for prolonged periods.
Approximately fifty percent travel.
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org