Website Sparrow Health System
Sparrow Health System
Occupational Health Manager
Sparrow Health System Lansing, Michigan
Join Sparrow Health System and improve the health of the people in our communities by providing
quality, compassionate care to everyone, every time.
Responsible for the overall operations and development of the Occupational Health Office(s), which
is not limited just to one site but to all Sparrow sites throughout the system. This includes marketing,
staffing, interacting with the physicians and supervisors for daily operations, planning, financial
statements and billing, and establishing relationships with the affiliate Occupational Health offices
and Employers that utilize Occupational Health. Responsible for planning, directing, and
coordinating medical and health services.
• Oversees, implements and develops the strategic direction for the Occupational Health
Office(s) that includes the development of policies and procedures, and guidelines for the
caregivers in the department(s).
• Actively seek new markets in conjunction with the Marketing Specialist, and Medical Director
that will enhance and support the services offered to Employer markets and expand the
geographical locations serviced.
• Develop and implement a budget with the finance department that sets the financial goals
and expectations of the department. Monitor the associated reports and analyze the results /
variances with the Director of SMG Specialties.
• Seek new revenue opportunities and service lines that are appropriate to offer the clients of
• Develop reports that demonstrate the revenue, expenses and downstream revenue
generated by the department
• Ensure that all caregivers have completed their competencies and that the performance
evaluations are done in a timely manner according to the dates set by Human Resources.
• Interviews, counsel and / or disciplines according to established hospital guidelines and
• Creates an atmosphere of caregivers that work together to treat, and provide the highest
level of service to the clients of the department.
• Participate and direct bi-weekly / monthly meetings with the staff, the providers and the
Director of SMG Specialties. Prepare for the quarterly meetings with the SMG leadership
and work with the physicians to develop a meaningful agenda.
• Assign tasks to the Business Coordinator, Marketing Representative and Referral
Coordinator that support the mission of the department.
• Ascertains all services are compliant with set standards from regulating bodies such as Joint
Commission, and OSHA.
• Analyze and Implement changes that support the overall operations of the department
including but not limited to the software implementation and maintenance, and all work that
supports the functions of the department.
• Certified in Occupational Health or working toward Certification within 6 months after hire
• Experience working within a Healthcare Environment
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing, may consider Registered Nurse with advanced
• Preferred-Master’s Degree in Business or working toward Master of Business with
emphasis on Healthcare Administration
• Maintain continuing education and develop skills that support the practice of Occupational Health
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org